May 12, 2008 – Irena Sendler passed away on this day 15 years ago. She has left a powerful and lasting legacy. The life of Irena Sendler was one of great testimony, one of courage and love, and one of respect for all people, regardless of race, religion or creed.
The Life in a Jar group continues to share her story through these many different ways:
– The Holocaust best-selling book, Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project
– Classroom outreach and curriculum
– Hundreds of exhibits worldwide, with the largest at the Lowell Milken Center for Unsung Heroes in Fort Scott, KS
– The children’s book, Mommy, Who Was Irena Sendler?
– Zoom presentations to book clubs, classrooms and other groups
– Speaking presentations for various organizations
– The Timeline of Irena Sendler’s Life
Life in a Jar Foundation
The Irena Sendler Project
1 South Main
Fort Scott, KS 66701